Reading time ( words)
With SEMI forecasts projecting Korea to be the largest region consuming semiconductor equipment in 2017 at US$13.0 billion and again in 2018 at $13.4 billion, the stage is set for new opportunities for global electronics manufacturing companies at SEMICON Korea 2018, January 31-February 2, at the COEX in Seoul.
SEMICON Korea, the premier event in Korea for electronics manufacturing, will feature 1,919 booths, a record in the event’s history, with more than 500 companies from 20 countries participating. The theme of this year’s event is “Connect, Collaborate, and Innovate,” focusing on the key values supported by SEMI:
- CONNECT to business and technology leaders to uncover new opportunities
- COLLABORATE with industry experts across the electronics manufacturing supply chain
- INNOVATE to drive new technologies and business
On opening day of SEMICON Korea, industry thought leaders will present keynotes on the future of the global semiconductor industry, including:
- The Evolution from Chip Performance to System Performance, Ivo Bolsens, senior vice president and chief technology officer, Xilinx
- Phase-Change Memory Devices for Non-von Neuman Computing, Evangelos Eleftheriou, fellow, Cloud & Computing Infrastructure, Zurich Research Laboratory, IBM
- Quantum Computing, An Steengen, executive vice president semiconductor technology & systems, imec
New at SEMICON Korea this year is the Smart Automotive Forum, highlighting the new market opportunities intelligent transportation is creating for semiconductors. The forum will explore how smart automobiles are changing the driving experience and examine ways chips will power the integrated systems, advanced safety features, and infotainment capabilities at the heart of connected cars and autonomous driving systems. Close collaboration with semiconductor manufacturers is essential as automobile manufacturers expect to introduce a fully autonomous car by 2030.
SEMICON Korea offers valuable technical networking opportunities and business programs that provide key insights into the Korea electronics manufacturing ecosystem, including:
- Supplier Search Program – Connecting the world’s leading device makers with new local business partners
- Industry Leadership Dinner – Exclusive VIP networking event with more than 450 global top industry executives
SEMICON Korea is the leading semiconductor technology event in Korea. Major programs include: Smart Automotive Forum, Smart Manufacturing Forum, SEMI Technology Symposium, Metrology and Inspection Forum, Test Forum, Market Seminar and more. The event is an opportunity to meet and learn from more 100 global experts. A complete schedule of the program is available here.
SEMI connects over 2,000 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. FlexTech and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped its members prosper, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley (Milpitas, Calif.), Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C.