Reading time ( words)
In the halls, on the exhibit show floor, at dinner, lunch or breakfast—the opportunities to connect at the upcoming IPC APEX EXPO 2018, to be held at the San Diego Convention Center in California, from February 27 – March 1, 2018, are immense.
Here are highlights of scheduled networking and special events:
- Awards Luncheons
- International Reception*
- First-Timers Welcome Reception*
- Keynote Session - Jared Cohen, founder and director of Google Ideas at Google and now CEO of Jigsaw*
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony*
- IPC Annual Meeting and Luncheon
- Show Floor Reception*
- Ice Cream Social on the Show Floor*
- Emerging Engineer Meet and Greet
- Women in Electronics Reception*
- Passport to Prizes Raffle Drawing on the Show Floor – NEW for 2018!*
- MIT/Certification Center Meet and Greet (by invitation)
- VIP/GR Dinner (IPC Members Only)
*Event Essentials, included with registration.
Patty Goldman, I-Connect007
Every year IPC presents dozens of awards to committee members for their work completing standards and specifications and for other activities within the organization. However, a few awards are extra special and presented for extraordinary efforts, for long-time commitment to both IPC and the electronics industry.
On the last morning of IPC APEX EXPO 2018, we met with Nancy Jaster, IPC design programs manager and one of the driving forces behind IPC’s STEM Outreach program for high school students. We spoke about the students who were arriving on site at IPC APEX EXPO, and what the industry, and IPC, hoped to achieve with this valuable program.
Barry Matties, I-Connect007
With the recent planned acquisition of Orbotech in place by maker KLA-Tencor, much of the industry has speculated about Orbotech’s future. Barry Matties spoke with CEO Asher Levy about what lies in store for the Orbotech group and, more specifically, their PCB division should the deal close.