Reading time ( words)
The global large format display market is projected to reach a market valuation of $21.4 billion by the end of 2027, up from an estimated $10 billion in 2017, according to a new report by Persistence Market Research. Revenue generated by the large format display market during the 2017–2027 period is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.9%.
Higher mean time between failure, increasing sports and international events across the globe, and rapid global modernization and urbanization are some of the factors anticipated to boost revenue growth of the global large format display market. However, high costs, an increasing adoption of smart TV, and growing preference towards online advertising are some of the factors likely to restrain market revenue growth during the forecast period.
Segmentation & Forecast
- North America is the largest regional market with about 29% value share in 2027. Western Europe is the second largest regional market with just under 19% value share in 2027
- By deployment type, the installed segment is the largest, holding more than two-thirds of the market share throughout the forecast period
- On the basis of screen size, the 40” to 80” segment is expected to increase 2.2X during the forecast period and hold a market share of just under 60% by 2027
- By type, the touchscreen segment is expected to register the highest growth rate of 9.4% during the forecast period
- On the basis of backlight technology, LED Backlit is the largest segment estimated to hold more than 95% value share of the global large format display market throughout the period of forecast
- By industry, retail is expected to be the largest segment in terms of value, with about 24% market share in 2027 and a CAGR of 7.3%