Reading time ( words)
News from the EIPC
- Review Day 2 EIPC Winter Conference Lyon
- Date and location EIPC 50th Anniversary Conference: June 21 & 22, 2018, Geldern, Germany
- 2018 Spring Seminar and AGM, Best Western Plus Manor Hotel, March 13, 2018
- Annual Foundation Course April 9-12, with the first day at Merlin PCB, Deeside and then at Chester University
News from the USA
- Aegis Software Unveils the Industry's Most Complete Quality Management System at IPC APEX EXPO 2018
News from WECC Members
Click here for the International Events Diary 2018
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 5
Patty Goldman, I-Connect007
If you’re like me, you’ve probably heard of 5G, but you may not understand what all the fuss is about. First, 5G simply means fifth-generation mobile networks. The best way to understand what 5G is about is to understand all the other Gs, like 3G and 4G (we rarely hear about the early Gs!).
Stig Källman, ERICSSON with Happy Holden, I-CONNECT007
The material toolbox idea first came up when I saw the IPC appendix list for standard 1-ply stack-ups. The idea is to make a very simple bill of materials, specifications and notes, and possibly use the same prepreg/resin in the laminate and in the core.
Pete Starkey, I-Connect007
ICT technical director Bill Wilkie is well-known for choosing notable venues for Institute of Circuit Technology events, and his choice for this year’s Annual Symposium was the National Motor Museum, located in the village of Beaulieu in the heart of the New Forest, a national park in the county of Hampshire in Southern England. The region is known for its heathland, forest trails and native ponies.