Reading time ( words)
"As the viscosity and flow properties of syrup, soups, sauces, dips, and liquid additives are important to maintain strict quality control over food, there has been a rise in demand for inline/process viscometers for the real-time monitoring and control of food process applications,” said Sujan Sami, Project Manager, Measurement & Instrumentation. "Meanwhile, for liquid measurements such as paint, toothpaste, glycerol, and shampoo, end users are adopting rheometers due to their benefits of accurate measurements, zero interference, enhancement of process optimization, and production quality consistency."
Frost & Sullivan’s recent analysis, Global Materials Characterization Market, 2017, covers the technologies of physical testing analyzers, thermal analyzers, particle characterization systems, rheometers, and viscometers. The study examines various end-user segments, including pharmaceuticals, petrochemical, polymers, automotive, food, fragrances, and cosmetics, across the regions of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World (RoW).
"Geographically, the demand for materials characterization analyzers is saturated in the United States, as characterization methods have already been established and the country has a large installed base of these instruments," noted Sami. "Europe, on the other hand, developed a number of nanomaterial-related applications, including consumer products, which will drive market growth. Latin America also is emerging a strong market in the chemical, polymer, and food sectors."
Other growth opportunities propelling the $1.61 billion market toward $2.28 billion include:
- Integrating different characterization measurement capabilities to offer a single system covering several application needs.
- Lowering the maintenance requirements of physical testing analyzers to reduce customers’ downtime.
- Engaging in mergers & acquisitions to solidify market structure.
- Partnering with exclusive analytical software solution providers to improve offerings.
- Focusing on emerging markets, which are experiencing double-digit growth. They present considerable potential opportunities due to an increase in research requirements and production.
About Frost & Sullivan
For over five decades, Frost & Sullivan has become world-renowned for its role in helping investors, corporate leaders and governments navigate economic changes and identify disruptive technologies, Mega Trends, new business models and companies to action, resulting in a continuous flow of growth opportunities to drive future success.