Reading time ( words)
With leading-edge technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), 5G and robotics at the heart of digital transformation, SEMICON Europa 2021 will convene industry visionaries and experts 16-19 November for insights into the latest innovations and smart applications powering the next wave of semiconductor industry growth. Europe’s premier event connecting the entire electronics design and manufacturing supply chain, SEMICON Europa, co-located with productronica, returns to Messe München, in Munich, Germany for a live exhibition and conferences. Registration is open.
Semiconductor manufacturing resiliency is growing in importance as the semiconductor supply chain works to overcome disruptions and shortages trigged by the pandemic. SEMICON Europa will explore ways the global supply chain can better withstand shocks in the future.
“We are excited to welcome back key semiconductor industry players in person in Munich,” said Laith Altimime, president of SEMI Europe. “SEMICON Europa gathers experts across the value chain for the collaboration and innovation critical to Europe’s semiconductor industry growth. Visitors will take a deep dive into how semiconductors are making manufacturing, automotive and healthcare smarter to drive higher efficiency and productivity across a wide range of applications.”
SEMICON Europa 2021 will examine how the semiconductor industry can integrate environmental and social sustainability into its growth strategy to help transform Europe into a sustainable, connected digital hub that enables life-changing applications for current and future generations. The event will also highlight process, materials and technology innovations that make it possible for chipmakers to implement cutting-edge 3D packaging for a broad range of new application-specific technologies.
SEMICON Europa Highlights
- Executive Forum (New!): European Ecosystems Connecting the Digital Future – 16 November. Presenting organizations: Bosch, Cariad, Edwards Vacuum, European Commission, Fraunhofer EMFT, imec, Intel, Infineon, KLA, CEA-Leti, Merck, NXP Semiconductors, Philips, Samsung, TSMC
- 25thFab Management Forum: Expanding European Manufacturing Footprint –17 November
- Advanced Packaging Conference: Material and Process Challenges in the Era of Digital Transformation – 18 November
Smart Technologies and EU-funded Projects
The new TechARENA in Hall B1 at SEMICON Europa 2021 will feature smart technologies and showcase how semiconductors are enabling technology innovation and solutions to global challenges. Focus topics will be manufacturing, mobility, medical, the future of computing, telecommunications, and workforce development.
The EU Digital Lounge in Hall B1 will provide updates on EU-funded semiconductor projects including the following:
- MicroElectronics Training, Industry and Skills (METIS)
- European Cooperation platform of Vocational Excellence in Microelectronics (ECoVEM)
- Metrology Advances for Digitized Electronics Components and Systems Industry 4.0 (MADEin4)
- Edge-to-Cloud Intelligence for Resilient Manufacturing (the IMOCO4.E Initiative)