Reading time ( words)
The MEMS and Sensors Executive Conference (MSEC 2022) will gather industry visionaries and experts October 10-12 at the Coronado Island Marriott Resort in San Diego for insights into the latest trends and innovations in sensorization for growth markets including the metaverse, bio-medical, agriculture, sustainability and positioning, navigation and timing. Registration is open for MSEC 2022, hosted by the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG), a SEMI technology community.
Themed Sensorize to Survive and Thrive, MSEC 2022 will focus on technology solutions to pressing challenges in healthcare, the environment, resource management and safety. The event will showcase components, software, and systems critical to MEMS and sensors innovations.
Internet of Things (IoT) spending is surging as digital transformation continues apace, creating new opportunities for MEMS and sensors. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for IoT spending will reach 26.7% between 2022 and 2025 as the number of global IoT connections reaches a forecasted 31 billion, a tenfold increase from a decade ago, according to IoT Analytics. The market research firm reports that in 2020, IoT connections for smart devices such as cars, home electronics and connected industrial equipment outnumbered non-IoT-connected electronics for the first time.
“Sensors are driving the widespread adoption of smart and connected IoT systems, which require unprecedented amounts of data,” said Dr. Tim Brosnihan, executive director of the SEMI MEMS & Sensors Industry Group. “By better monitoring the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat, the health of our bodies and the safety of our surroundings, sensors continue to improve the quality of our lives.”
MSEC 2022 will also feature sessions on topics including the following:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Panel – A.M. Fitzgerald & Associates LLC, N5 Sensors Inc., Qualcomm Technologies and Robert Bosch LLC
- Precision Agriculture: A Virtuous Endeavor or a Vicious Sink-hole of Disappointment – Nio Labs
- Sensing as a Service Product Showdown – Inviza, N5 Sensors, Inc., and SiWare Systems
- Industry Market Outlook and Emerging Trends – MEMStaff
MSEC 2022 Business Networking Opportunities
- Welcome Reception – Meet-and-greet networking opportunity for attendees
- Picture This Scavenger Hunt – Team-building activity on Coronado Island with the opportunity to win prizes and network with industry peers
- MSIG Industry Awards Dinner – Recognition of MSIG Hall of Fame Award Recipients and Emerging Leaders for 2022