Reading time ( words)
SEMICON Southeast Asia, the region’s premier event for the global electronics manufacturing and design supply chain, opens tomorrow with critical semiconductor industry topics including supply chain resilience, sustainability, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Mobility, Smart MedTech, and workforce development in focus. Themed Boosting Agility and Resiliency for the Electronics Supply Chain, the May 23-25 exhibition and conferences at the Setia SPICE Convention Centre and Arena in Penang are expected to draw nearly 300 exhibitors and more than 10,000 attendees.
SEMICON Southeast Asia 2023 will gather experts and visionaries for insights into the latest semiconductor industry developments, trends and innovations. With the industry’s sights set on reaching $1 trillion in revenue by 2030, the event will also bring together chip manufacturing and equipment companies, private and public partners, and other key industry stakeholders to explore new collaboration and growth opportunities.
Semiconductor Industry Agility and Resiliency
The CxO Summit at SEMICON Southeast Asia 2023 will convene industry thought leaders to discuss modernizing supply chain strategies in response to ongoing industry disruptions and geopolitical instability. Focusing on building a more agile and resilient semiconductor industry supply chain, the summit will feature the following speakers:
- Bettina Weiss, Chief of Staff and Corporate Strategy, SEMI – Opening Remarks
- Lim Bee Vian, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Investment Development, Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) – Opening Speech
- Kent Rossman, Corporate Senior Vice President of Global Operations, ASM – Whack a Mole: The New Supply Chain Fight
- Frederic Godemel, Executive Vice President, Schneider Electric – Is Digitalization Really Worth it? The Latest Approaches for Fab Efficiency and Resilience
- Amarjit Sandhu, Corporate Vice President, Assembly and Test NAND Operations, Micron Malaysia and Singapore – Leveraging a Global Manufacturing Footprint to Deliver Quality Products on Time
- Theo Kneepkens, Senior Vice President, Global Operations, KLA – Supply Chain Resilience Brings Growth Opportunities for Southeast Asia
- Randeep Kapur, Chief Technology Officer and Field Director, Global Industries, Asia Pacific and China, Dell Technologies – Accelerate from Ideas to Innovation
Speakers will also participate in the panel discussion Boosting Agility and Resiliency of the Electronics Supply Chain in Southeast Asia to culminate the CxO Summit. The panel will include Tan Yew Kong, Senior Vice President and General Manager, GlobalFoundries.
Other SEMICON Southeast Asia 2023 Highlights
- SEA Investment Forum will explore opportunities in the Southeast Asia semiconductor supply chain.
- Workforce and Talent Development Pavilion will feature a career fair and presentations, the SEMI University Bootcamp, and SEMI University, a new online learning management system with courses for professionals in the semiconductor and electronics industries.
- Market and Industry Trends
- SMART Mobility
- SMART Enterprise
- SMART MedTech
- Advanced Packaging
- Advanced Product Testing
- SMART Innovators Showcase will spotlight Industry 4.0 best practices, while the Startups Showcase will feature leading-edge semiconductor manufacturing solutions.
- Industry VIP Networking Night will gather attendees to connect with industry leaders and experts.