Reading time ( words)
Respondents feel that the overall business confidence index for H2 2015 (July 2015-December 2015) has reduced in comparison to H1 2015 (January 2015-June 2015), which indicates that IT industry growth is primarily affected due to the economic slowdown in China and Brazil, and uncertainty over Greece economic conditions. However, in spite of a reduction in business confidence index, highest percentage of IT industry executives consider current economic conditions to be stable across the globe and the future outlook remains positive as a result of increasing demand for cloud computing services, and growing demand for software and hardware technologies such as mobility (smart phone applications). Over the next six months the industry would increase its expenditure towards new product development and green initiatives
- The highest percentage of executives indicated a stable economic environment in H2 2015 (July-December 2015)
- Executives who operate in Europe and the Rest of the World expect improvements in customer confidence in H2 2015, as compared to H1 2015 (January-June 2015)
- On average, respondents anticipate the prices of software to increase by 1.6% over the next six months
- Respondents who operate in Asia-Pacific expect staff headcount numbers to increase by 1.1 percentage point in H2 2015, as compared to H1 2015
- Executives foresee an increase in expenditure on new product development and green initiatives over the next six months
Kable's IT Industry Business Confidence Survey H2 2015 examines executive's opinion on business environment over July-December 2015. It also highlights existing economic condition, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, it provides information categorized by region and presents comparison with H1 2015 wherever applicable.