Reading time ( words)
The latest manufacturing, materials and production developments in semiconductor and related technologies will be featured at SEMICON West 2015 on July 14-16 at Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. Semiconductor processing is at a crossroads and is changing how companies operate to be competitive. Learning about breakthrough technology and networking is essential to remain ahead of the curve.
More than 25,000 professionals are expected, and over 600 companies will exhibit the latest in semiconductor manufacturing. Major semiconductor manufacturers, foundry, fabless companies, equipment and materials suppliers — plus leading companies in MEMS, displays, printed/flexible electronics, PV, and other emerging technologies — attend SEMICON West.
SEMICON West will feature valuable on-exhibition floor technical sessions and programs that are included in the $100 registration “expo pass” (registration fee increases on July 11). Keynote events include:
- “Scaling the Walls of Sub-14nm Manufacturing” with panelists from Qualcomm, Stanford University, ASE and IBM, moderated by imec’s Jo de Boeck, senior VP of Corporate Technology (July 14, 9:00-10:00am)
- “The Internet of Things and the Next Fifty Years of Moore’s Law“ by Intel’s Doug Davis, senior VP and GM of loT (July 15, 9:00am-9:45am)
TechXPOTs will provide updates in areas including test, advanced materials and processes, advanced packaging, productivity and emerging markets and technologies. TechXPOTs include:
- What's Next for MEMS? With speakers from ASE, CEA-Leti, EV Group, MEMS Industry Group, Silicon Valley Band of Angels, Teledyne DALSA, and Yole Developpement (July 14, 10:30am-12:30pm)
- Automating Semiconductor Test Productivity with speakers from ASE, Optimal+, Texas Instruments, and Xcerra (July 14, 10:30am-12:30pm)
- Materials Session: Contamination Control in the Sub-20nm Era with speakers from Entegris, Intel, JSR Micro, Matheson, and Nanometrics; moderated by Mike Corbett, Linx (July 14, 1:30pm-3:30pm)
- Emerging Generation Memory Technology: Update on 3DNAND, MRAM, and RRAM (July 14, 1:30pm-3:40pm).
- The Evolution of the New 200mm Fab for the Internet of Everything with speakers from Entrepix, Genmark Automation, Lam Research, Qorvo, and Surplus Global (July 15, 2:00pm-4:00pm)
- Monetizing the IoT: Opportunities and Challenges for the Semiconductor Sector with Amkor, Cadence Design Systems, Ernst & Young, Freescale Semiconductor, and Gartner; moderated by Edward Sperling, Semiconductor Engineering (July 16, 10:30am-12:30pm)
- The Factory of the (Near) Future: Using Industrial IoT and 3D Printing with speakers from AirLiquide, Applied Materials, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and Proto Cafe (July 16, 1:00pm-3:00pm)
The Silicon Innovation Forum will be held on July 14-15. A special exposition segment, this area will include exhibits and two days of presentations. The first day will be a forum where start-up companies seeking investment capital will present to a panel of investors. Open to all attendees, this session will feature exciting new technologies. The second day will be a forum on new research. Attendees can hear presentations on advance research from SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, International Consortium for Advanced Manufacturing Research, SUNY Network of Excellence - Materials & Advanced Manufacturing, Novati Technologies, MIST Center, Micro/Nano Electronics Metrology at NIST, Texas State University and Georgia Tech Heat Lab.
On July 16, University Day welcomes students and faculty to learn about the microelectronics industry, connect with industry representatives, and explore career opportunities. University Day is on the Keynote Stage (North Hall E). The agenda includes career networking, exploration forum, expo and SEMICON West tours.
For the eighth year, SEMICON West will be co-located with Intersolar North America, the leading solar technology conference and exhibition in the U.S.
Premier sponsors of SEMICON West 2015 include Applied Materials, KLA-Tencor, and Lam Research.
Register for SEMICON West 2015 now at www.semiconwest.org.
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronic manufacturing supply chains. Our 1,900+ member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information on SEMI, visit www.semi.org.